Residents of Abossey Okai in Accra were forced to use a tanker load of human excreta to put out a blazing fire that had engulfed a house in the area. An eyewitness, Samuel Ntow Aboah, told Asempa News that several distress calls to the Ghana National Fire Service proved futile and they had no option than to stop the toilet tanker with registration number GE 4516X for the driver to spray the excreta on the fire, and it quenched the fire instantly. According to the eyewitness, the tanker belonging to the First Class Waste Management Limited did not hesitate to stop when the driver's attention was drawn to the dire situation. Ntow Aboah explains they suspect the fire might be the result of electrical faults since an electrician was working on an electrical cable in the house. He said even though that act did the trick, it left a very bad stench in the area but there seem not to be complaining because that singular act saved lives and property. He tells Asempa News a fuel station behind the house would have been set ablaze if they had not resorted to that unorthodox method of fire fighting. At the time of filing this story, the Ghana National Fire Service have visited the area and cleared the area of the filth left.
Source: Asempa News